mgs

Re: Front end clonk

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front end clonk
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:46:48 EST
In a message dated 11/27/01 11:42:04 PM, jschelli1@shaw.ca writes:

<<     Wierd sound coming from the front right hand side of the car, there is
a clonk that is heard when I apply the break, it happens only when the break
is applyed and not during hard cornering or aceleration. any thoughs?? >>

No thoughs, but one thought...I have or had a minor front end clonk in my
B-GT that started around the time I put on new calipers.  Actually, I had
this also on my 66 Mustang when I upgraded to front discs until the air
worked out of the system. I tried and tried to bleed the air out and only
suceeded in reducing the clonk, but not eliminating it.  Maybe that's what it
is.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT
66 Mustang