mgs

RE: Passed MOT! (APK for the Dutch)

Subject: RE: Passed MOT! (APK for the Dutch)
From: &mem;&resh;&tet;&yod;&fnun; &resh;&vav;ℷ&vav;&bet;&yod;&fnun;
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:40:30 +0200
I have days when I wish we HAD an equivalent of the MOT.

Inspection here basically amounts to :
Brakes?  Yep.
Lights?  Yep.
OK, you pass.
Of course, being that my B is more than 25 years old, I need this ridiculous
excuse for an inspection twice a year, rather than just once.  As though it
matters.

I trust my regular maintenance, and I trust my mechanic for bigger stuff,
but I'm sure that if some scary 'government official' was giving my car a
strict and through checkup every year I would be much more conscientious
about keeping things as they should be.  Not so much for the piddly legalese
(like US vs. GB lighting standards) but rather for the supposedly
professional checks of suspension, fuel system, brakes, body, etc . . .

It would probably make me feel a bit more secure about some of the other
junkers on the road too (you know, the ones that look like they use the
bodywork as brakes whenever necessary . . .)

RMartin
Tel Aviv

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list