mgs

Re: Changing polarity

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: Re: Changing polarity
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 21:54:28 -0600
I think there was a mis-typing in this.  I didn't see the original post, so
forgive me if I missed something in it.

Bullwinkle wrote:

> <<<snip>>>
>
> Original TD tachs were mechanical.  You'll need an electrical one
> designed for the negative ground.  I don't know if the MGB's are
> the same diameter, but I think they're smaller.
>
> <<<snip>>>

If the original TD tach is mechanical, you need NO changes at the tach to
convert
to negative ground.  It isn't like the engine will run backwards or anything.
You probably need no changes at all, other than taking the time to re-polarize
the generator.  If the TD in question has an electrical tach, you can convert
the
tach to negative ground (it is some soildering, but not hard to do), or replace
it with a negative gound tach.

Phil Bates
67 MGB with negative ground (converted the electrical tach myself)
58 MGA with negative ground (mechanical tach, no conversion needed, just
polarity
change)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list