mgs

Oil separator

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil separator
From: "G Cook" <litfuse@skyenet.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 10:14:14 -0400
At the suggestion of another lister to help investigate my oil loss, I removed
the side cover/oil separator.  I'm not sure why it was designed the way it was
(made in America?), but I had to cut it open with a dremel saw to clean it
out.  Oh man!!! it was nearly solid with what looked like scrubby sponge
impregnated with hard packed potting soil.  (Considering the vile carcinogens
that lurk in it, I wondered: is this what they fertilize tobacco with? )  I
have it scraped out now, the haz-mat crew just left, and I'll probably
re-stock it with a new scrubby sponge and have it welded closed.  But once
again it will be non-servicable.  Any alternatives?   I don't want do the
dremel thing again.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list