mgs

Re: Turn signal problems

To: goutvols@alltel.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Turn signal problems
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:00:44 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/01 3:30:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
goutvols@alltel.net writes:

> I had a thought last night about the
> turn signal.  When I bought the car, with the hazards light switch on only
> the
> right signal would come on.  Now that is the same signal giving me trouble
> now.  I don't have the hazard switch hooked up at he moment account I don't

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The turn signals will not work properly unless the hazard switch is in good
order.  The power goes thru the hazard switch BEFORE it gets to the turn
signal switch.  Replace the hazard switch if it is questionable.

As far as doing ANY electrical work, buy a Bentley manual.  The Haynes wiring
diagrams are not as easy to follow.  Then, make about ten enlarged copies of
the correct diagram for your car.  I make them on 11"X17" paper.  Next, trace
the wires on the diagram with a hiliter pen for the circuit you are trying to
fix.  That makes it easier to follow.  The rest is up to you!

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget