mgs

We are in the process of restoring the interior on a 79B

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: We are in the process of restoring the interior on a 79B
From: "rexcats" <rexcats@telocity.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:39:04 -0700
Hi Everyone!

We are new to the list, we just purchased a 1979 MGB for our oldest son soon
to be 16.  The body is in excellent shape, but the interior was shot so we
just ordered the carpet kit and seat cushions and the vinyl and the webbing.
Anyone have tips, tricks, helpful hints on installing these?  Also all the
seals on the windows are shot so we have ordered those and will be redoing
them too, as this car when done will have to be an outside car!  So we are
trying to make it free of water leaks as that is how I am sure the interior
was runined.  So hints on resealing all the windows is appreciated too.
Another thing we have to replace the ignition switch advice on that would be
great too!  The engine smokes a bit so we know we will have to do the rings
and valves but hope that can wait until this winter so that we can have a
little summer fun driving first.  But we will definitely have more questions
when we start that project.  We have a 72 Midget that has owned me for 24
years and it was restored years ago.  We had know idea how much bigger the B
was than the midget<LOL> it really makes that little car look so small!
Someone changed the wheels on this B and it seems as thought the car is a
little high but maybe that is because the midget is so low.  How high off
the ground do the MGB's wheel wells sit?  The manual is suppose to come this
week too!  Yeah! Anyway we are planning on going to the Jack London car show
in Oakland  California on May 12 and would love to talk with  some B owners.
We will only bring the midget to that one as the seat back cushions for the
B are on back order and we probably won't have them back in time for that.
Anyway thanks for any help on any of this!

Lisa Ann, Michael the fixer of LBC's and Justin who is learning how and
ecstatic to have this for his first car!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list