mgs

Re: How much smoke is too much smoke ?

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: How much smoke is too much smoke ?
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:56:27 -0500
Trevor Boicey wrote:

> "Louis Mehr (EML)" wrote:
> > Todays problem is more serious and could result in
> > the departure of the car - it smokes excessively !
> >
> >  Even with a poor mixture and timing I would not have
> > expected so much smoke - is that reasonable ?
>
>   A lot depends on the colour of the smoke. You hinted
> at blue, which is sadly one of the worst choices.
>
>   Blue smoke is oil smoke, which isn't really caused by poor
> mixture and timing.

   Temporary 'patch': A product called 'Restore' is the only
additive that I have ever seen that actually works.  Saved my
MB 190e with bad valve guide seals and worn rings.  It slightly
swells the seals and clings to the deep scratches in the bore
thereby improving ring seal.
   It is NOT a repair, just a get-by patch.
   No connection with the company, etc., etc..
--
Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research

///