mgs

Fw: Why Kai Bought a Triumph

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Why Kai Bought a Triumph
From: " Michael Winney " <winn@goodnet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:04:35 -0700
 ------Kai wrote-----
 Secondly, yes most MGB/Midget owners ARE cheap.  These cars are by no means
necessary items now, or ever. ----

 Hello Kai,
 Perhaps some people buy these LBC's because that is all they can
afford---more power to them. Some of us can afford to pay someone "25K" or
whatever to restore our cars, but take  pleasure in restoring them ourselves
even if we put more into them than they are worth.  Speaking for myself, I
frankly admit that after having restored or refurbished three Jaguars, a
Sunbeam Tiger, A/H 3000, etc., I happen to like my MGB GT  which I'm
currently restoring.  I restored an XK-150 to concours(first in North
 America driven class) and then watched it sit in the garage, paranoid that
I might get a stone chip driving it.  Finally I realized the truth of
"number one is fun, but three will set you free".  Bottom line, these are
fun car to DRIVE and you don't have to break every speed law to enjoy using
the gearbox to full measure.  I'd suggest that cheap or cheaper isn't the
prevailing motivation of the list members.  Many of us have far more
expensive toys, but also just happen to enjoy attributes of our B's.
 Mike Winney
 PS Just about every car nut I've known from Aston Martins on down look for
 the best deal on parts; it's part of the fun.  Hey, maybe we're all cheap!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list