mgs

Re: Anti Run on Valve

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anti Run on Valve
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 07:48:23 -0500
Hi Malcom,
Your gauge is most likely mechanical as Max stated but the electrical
connection you are seeing is for the anti-run-on valve circuit which was
probably disconnected because the valve was broken. I am currently
working on a 1980 B with the same run-on problem and a broken valve. Even
reducing the idle to 500 rpm doesn't help but mashing the gas pedal at
the same time as shutting off the key does. The only problem with that is
more gas is going to the cylinders too which can lead to the run-on
problem. I have a new valve to install on that car and will let you know
if it solved the problem.
Steve Bettencourt
http://www.bmcne.com
webmaster@bmcne.com
> on 3/19/01 4:58 PM, Malcolm Jeffcock at mjeffcock@tru.eastlink.ca
> wrote:

..but I have run on. I noticed that the little "nipples" on
> top of the
> > ani run on valve are broken off so the valve is not connected. How
> serious a
> > role does the valve actually play. Is it really a potential reason
> for my run
> > on?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list