mgs

Re: Bringing a car from Canada to the US, shipping, what else?

To: lundgren@byu.net, mlupynec@globalserve.net
Subject: Re: Bringing a car from Canada to the US, shipping, what else?
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 11:57:41 EST
Andrew,

Actually it is pretty easy.  I looked into doing it a few years ago (I just
called the US Customs and they gave me all the scoop).  If it is a classic
car you should have no problems at all since the safety and emissions
standards did not apply.  If I recall there was no duty over 25 years old,
just the sales tax for our state.  I ended up find a car in the states so did
not end up bringing one in from Canada.

Jeff

In a message dated 1/27/01 10:42:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,