mgs

Garage Fever

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Garage Fever
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:50:07 -0600
Damn, it's cold in the Ozarks. I miss the sounds of insects... and the
sounds of my MGs. We've had snow, now ice, on the ground since 12 December.
That was a millennium ago. The other day, after a slight thaw, I rolled the
Magnette out just to drive the 1,000 feet to the mailbox. It started right
up, of course, but I can't chance getting it out on the icy roads. I
normally drive the cars all winter, but this has not been a regulation
winter. Sigh....

The MGA is resting in the garage, stopped cruelly short in its merry
top-down revelry by the icy fingers of Old Man Winter. Its valve springs
dream wistfully in their winter sleep of warm oil and happy rpms. I am
relegated to driving the Plymouth Voyager, an appliance that cares not if
it's 50 degrees or 5 below. It is warm and comfortable, but, at twelve
years, does not bear its age as gracefully as its little English cousins.

Blast and bother winter. Please send some warm weather and I promise I'll
not complain of sticky leather seats and boiling radiators again.

David F. Darby
Hercules Wilderness, Missouri, USA
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/mgz