mgs

Tach

To: "'MG Mail list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tach
From: dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:46:55 -0800
When setting my idle I have never been able to get it under 1100 rpm. I
can get it down to about 1000 but it would wants to die.  This weekend
I went down to Sears and bought one of their $30 dwell/tach meters.  It
says I'm idling at 800 when my tach says 1100.  I am more inclined to
believe the meter rather than my 34 year old tach.  Is it typical to see
that much discrepancy in a tach?  If it is in error is it a percentage
of it's reading or is it just 300 rpm fast no mater what rpm I'm at?

Dennis
67 MGB