mgs

Re: Weather... or not!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weather... or not!
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 08:20:23 -0700
At 09:57 AM 1/3/01 -0500, ATWEDITOR@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 1/3/01 8:27:17 AM, ccrobins@ktc.com writes:
>
><< Oh yeah? Well, we'll getcha back in six months or so. ;^) >>
>
>Actually, we won't.  A nasty winter for Eric is to look up at the "mountains"
>and see a little white in the morning.  It is a very top-down continent.
>
>Jay Donoghue
>72B
>72B-GT
>66 Mustang

Probably true. It was that way when I lived in Colombia - you could see the
white on the distant mountains but the locals had no concept of snow. They
didn't even have a word for it - they used the term for ice instead. I
still remember the confused looks after I described Montana weather - they
wanted to know I kept the smoke out of the house when I heated it and how I
could drink water. Wouldn't it be frozen?

And yes, I did quote a little Zappa (but in Spanish) - "Watch out where the
huskies go and don't you eat the yellow snow".

Oddly enough, we could be in the fifties (degrees F) here in Montana the
next few days. Thats warm enough for top down weather here, except it would
have to be the TR7. The 65B (a father-son project) is still in the garage,
just sent the oil/water gauge to Mo Ma for repairs.

David
67 BGT
65 B
71 BGT (parts car)