mgs

Re: MGB heater motors

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>,
Subject: Re: MGB heater motors
From: "Scott Pontius" <spontius@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 10:24:14 -0800
The later MGB heaters have a big wire-wound resistor pop riveted to a tab
inside the heater case.  There are three wires going into the case, and the
low speed wire goes to the resistor.  The rocker switch has three positions:
off, low, high.
All of these wires are undersized, and you should be able to get more
airflow by rewiring these circuits with heavier wire and/or a relay.
The MG Owner's Club sells an uprated fan motor, a higher-efficiency impeller
and a high volume heater core that will really scorch your toes.

Scott Pontius
'78 MGB V8
San Diego