mgs

Speeding

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Speeding
From: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:52:26 -0000
Sometimes it works the other way. Around '92 (I think), I was driving north
on I35 (?) from San Antonio to Dallas. I had my family and my parents in our
Voyager and I was driving faster than any other traffic (but nothing
excessive, around 75 in a 55 zone).

I saw a cop car go past travelling the other way and do a u-turn in the
median. I STRONGLY felt he had clocked me. But, there was enough traffic on
the road that he simply could not catch me before I was past his city
limits!

I have noticed very different policing of traffic laws between Texas and
California. In Texas, rolling through a stop sign will bring an instant
ticket; here in CA, the ONLY things the traffic cops seem to care about is
speeding or driving alone in a carpool lane.

Unfortunately, Britain now seems to be catching the idea of issuing speeding
tickets for revenue rather than safety.

Simon