mgs

Re: Rear Seal Replacement

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Seal Replacement
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:40:26 -0800
I heartily agree with everything Stuart says except the "over 50,000
miles" bit re the clutch. IMO you should replace the clutch components
and throwout bearing no matter what the mileage is (well, assuming you
didn't replace them last month), as long as you're in there. The parts
are very cheap compared to the labor of getting at them. Why take chances
on an unknown-mile, normally-inaccessible part that costs under $100?

Stuart MacMillan had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149