mgs

Re: carb question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: carb question
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:16:06 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, R. O. Lindsay wrote:

> It's been my experience that the ZS carbs are neither good cold weather
> starting carbs nor are they fair weather friends.  If you have an SU option,
> go that way.  YMMV

Ahh the irony...  My current car, the (still) nameless '75 B has the
ZS carb (otherwise known as that Damn Stromberg).  The SU's are in my
house waiting for more parts!  Winter has come to Pullman, the snow is
on the ground (and our high of 30ish will keep it here for a bit).
The DS is a little harder to start now than it was in August
(highs of 95ish), but not bad at all.  My previous B was a '78 that
a DPO had converted to a Weber DGV, but never bothered to connect the
choke.  _That_ was real fun to start in the winter.  In comparison,
the 'hard starting' of the DS is quite nice actually :)

I no longer have the '78 (gave it back to my dad on the wrong side of
the Cascades).  It still remains chokeless, but should start just fine
over there with the wet but warm winters.

It is really too bad I have to work today, The roads are clear and the
sun is out.  Perfect top-down driving weather :)

--
Aaron Whiteman - aaronw@wsu.edu - email with subject 'PGPKey' for pgpkey
   RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in Washington State.

'75 B (my only car, and begging for the Thanksgiving trip West)