mgs

MGB vs. Engine Stand

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB vs. Engine Stand
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:58:21 -0500
A few weeks ago someone expressed difficulty in mating up an engine stand with
an MGB engine.   Some of us, myself included, pooh-poohed the problem.  Mea
Culpa.

      Last night I finally got around to trying to hook up my (recently pulled)
77B engine to my engine stand that has served well for XPAG engines.  I take it
all back!  The XPAG (TD) allows one to easily  bolt the arms of the engine stand
to the holes otherwise occupied by the bellhousing bolts.  The casting in the
back of the B engine doesn't provide room for the bolt heads that mount the arms
to the stand.

    It took a number of trips to the Polaroid machine shop today to gather up a
handful of parts and pieces to make the adaptation.  If anyone has an image of
how they bolted an MGB engine to a stand, I'd love to see it?  TIA.

--
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/