mgs

Re: More on wheel bearings

To: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More on wheel bearings
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 11:55:38 -0800
Yeah, that's what I meant. The bearings are typical, but the hub design
with the spacer is not. But if you recall the long thread on this subject
from several months ago, one of the real experts (I forget who) made a
very convincing case that the spacer is absolutely necessary in this hub
design, and that leaving it out could cause serious problems, beyond
short bearing life. Based on their explanation of the engineering
factors, I concluded they were right, which is why I was advising the
questioner to "do it by the book". Perhaps those whom this discussion
directly affects would be wise to consult the archives for this detailed
analysis of the whole issue.

Charley & Peggy Robinson had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149