mgs

Re: MGA Block-coolant galleries

To: MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA Block-coolant galleries
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 08:22:43 -0700
At 12:37 AM -0600 8/31/2000, Barney wrote:
>With increasing temperature the first problem you will notice will be the
>carburetors acting up from the start of vapor lock condition.

Oh, hell, just pull out one of the headlights and stick a piece of
dryer vent hose through the hole...you don't really need two
headlights.  And cut some louvers in the bonnet.  But seriously,
will a later multi-blade fan fit with an MGA radiator (originality
aside?)  Or an electric fan?  I have noticed a fairly good
temperature drop in my 1800 (if my recently rebuilt gauge is to be
believed) since installing an aluminum head.  I'm contemplating a
thermostat change just to keep the engine operating temp up for most
of the year here in central California.  I must admit, I don't do too
much stop-and-go on 90 deg F days, though.

Also, is it possible to install some rubber strips or bushings on an
A radiator where it mounts to the body to absorb some of the
vibration?
--
Chris Attias
Aptos, CA