mgs

Re: muffler question

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: muffler question
From: mup1dm <mup1dm@surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 00 13:12:00 +0100
Mel wrote:
>OK, now another question:
>My center muffler on my 71GT is worn out, has holes, rust, ....
>....Or, is there a center muffler that is real small and flat and
>will provide more ground clearance???

I did a telephone tour of the local discount muffler shops when
my centre muffler needed help. Most didn't want to know about
such an old car, but one did respond to my challenge "you've got
a welding torch and lots of mufflers in stock, surely you are
creative enough to make something fit". (Midas in Dalton MA, FYI)

Sorry, I don't know the details of the muffler they chose, but
it fits under the car, provides better ground clearance, and
works as a muffler.

Douglas McKinnie
'72 B-GT