mgs

CT.car show and three strikes.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: CT.car show and three strikes.
From: "Michael Nadeau" <nade18@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 22:49:03 -0400
Hi everyone. Went to the CT. car show today and had a great time. Bob Howard
e-mailed me directions, thanks again Bob. Found Mike Robson, Frank Krajewski
and Carl & Judy French whom I met from the Hans across the water luncheon.
Lots of really nice cars, close to 300 I think. Mike Robson might be able to
get the final number. Saw my first twin cam MGA, a pretty much brand new MGB
with only 7400 MILES. Hey Bud K. I got second place in my class even with
the diamond in the boot, guess nobody noticed. Got to meet the infamous
Kelvin Dodd.

My wife and I started the trip yesterday to stay at relatives house about
half way between our house and the show. Start the car after I get it
packed,(1) no oil pressure. Shut the car off, jiggle the wire for the
gauge.Start it back up, now I got oil pressure. Off we go.(2) Going to the
gas station the purple wires going to the horn decide to ground themselves.
At least I know they work.  Really loud too. No problems the rest of the of
the way down. 95 miles to my wife's Uncles house. 60 miles from there to the
show.  145 miles back to our house. Not a problem the whole way,did 65 to 70
mph down and back without O.D. New Peco exhaust and header sounds great with
the top down. Stopped at a sub shop for something to eat about 1 mile for
our house. Come out and the car won't start. (3)Click's but won't start. Had
to roll the car back and forth in gear, turn the key, then it started. I
think its a dead spot on the starter. Where's the best place to get a new
one.

Thanks
Mike Nadeau
'69 MGB