mgs

Ignition light

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition light
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:41:23 -0500
Had my '71 B out on the road for a couple of short rides yesterday (about 10
miles each). Ever since I purchased the car, the red ignition light glows
all the time (always the same intensity, never dims, etc). Doesn't matter if
the car is at idle or on the road at higher rpms. I think the battery is
charging because the battery does not run down if the car is left running
for awhile (probably had it running for an hour straight yesterday while
checking over some things before taking the first trip). I pulled the
connector off of the alternator and cleaned it up, but it made no
difference. Any ideas on where to check next? Bad ground?

Craig
'71 B