mgs

[Fwd: Storing engine & tranny]

To: Adam Arabian <arabian@allegronet.com>
Subject: [Fwd: Storing engine & tranny]
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:27:12 -0500
--------------183C4490C6AC5ED203030C1F

Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:25:41 -0500
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
To: Adam Arabian <arabian@allegronet.com>
Subject: Re: Storing engine & tranny

Are you sure it is the pistons that are seized? I recently had a similar
problem and
it was the lifters seized not the pistons. The pistons have to be removed from
underneath as the rods do fit thru the bores. It is a delicate procedure as you
have
to orient the crankshaft perfectly to allow room for rod/piston removal from
underneath. I would use some potent penetrating liquid (PB Blaster) and float
it on
top of the pistons and also the lifters for a few days and then try again.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski