mgs

Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts on winter and Mg's

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts on winter and Mg's
From: "Steve Murphy" <k8vo@flyingbeers.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 18:58:16 -0500
We must get used to the weather up here (Michigan).  50 degrees is top-down
weather!

I've been driving my B all winter, except when the roads are snow and/or
salt covered... don't think it's fair to subject a car that's survived 23
years to unnecessary exposure to corrosive chemicals.
    FWIW, my heater works pretty well; after warming up, the car's
comfortable to ride in with the outside temp in the teens.  Just gotta run
the blower on high to overcome the drafts!  I did "bore out" the heater
valve last fall, though, when no fluid was flowing through the core due to
the valve being clogged with, um, gunk.  Didn't want to wait for the
replacement, so just took the electric drill, bored the thing through, and
re-installed it. Now it works great!  Think I'll let the replacement sit in
the box until springtime.

Steve Murphy
77 MGB