mgs

Re: Heater Control Valve Replacement

To: eugeneb@nni.com (Eugene Balinski), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater Control Valve Replacement
From: dlg7@webtv.net (Donald Graham)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 14:34:24 -0500 (EST)
There was not enough room to rotate a 7/16" wrench when I removed and
replaced my heater control valve.  I found the solution by hacksawing in
two an old 7/16" wrench.  I did not have to replace the gasket put did
apply some sealer.  Do not apply to much sealer which might plug up the
small opening in the control valve.  If I was doing it again I would
modify the throw on the rubber internal diaphram by adding some washers
before the circle clip as has been described many times recently on this
bulletin board to greatly increase the water passage opening.  Don '69
MGB