mgs

Re:Hydrogen

To: Matt Pringle <pringlmm@mcmaster.ca>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Hydrogen
From: Michael Jose <mwjose@u.arizona.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 10:31:47 -0700
Matt,
Most setups I have seen have had a direct injection system (that is, not a
throttle body or even usually port injection, but right in there) So I would
have to rig that up ($$$) and that would probably mean some sort of electronic
metering for the injectors.  (Is there a MG fuel injection system available
aftermarket that could be modified?)
    Preingition and backfiring out the intake are major issues, which is why
direct injection is necessary.  Mazda claims that hydrgen is the perfect
application for the wenkel engine, as the intake and exhaust are farther apart
and there is no valvetrain, etc.  So if I could rig a wenkel engine, that
could also be a possibility, but has anyone ever done that in an MGB?
    Thanks for the input, and I will keep looking.
Mike Jose