mgs

Flooding TD fuel pump

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Flooding TD fuel pump
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 18:17:49 +0000
Wonderful, just what I need before the GOF up at Alexandria Bay!
Having had the TD sit too long, she decided to spit gas out the bottom
of one of the twin (a la Mark II TD) fuel pumps when I started her up.
Also got an indication her water pump didn't like the long hiatus
between rides either.
Fuel is pouring out of the tiny bottom hole under one of the fuel pump
bodies! (Not the clean-out filter). Sounds like a pressure prob? Thought
it was out the overflow pipe until I noticed the firewall glistening wet
gasoline as it ran down under the car!
Shut things off and peruse the situation. Thinking I've got a stuck fuel
needle valve(I seem to attract flooding probs with my MGs, remember my
64 B doing it at 3500rpm and higher).
Any thoughts on where I should look? I've got 3 nights to solve this
before I take off Thursday morning.
Help,
Dave Houser