mgs

RE: MGF in America

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGF in America
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:55:06 -0400
rant mode on

Sheesh there is nothing like flogging a dead horse.
This is what, like the 5th or 6th time this discussion has happened in
the last year?

The MGF is NOT coming to America. Get over it.

Wanna see one - go where they are.

I hope at some future date an MG will come to America - but it won't be
the F.

rant mode off/shields up

Larry

Who does know where the delete key is - I use it a lot. (especially for
email from work - what a waste of band width that drivel is)

At this exact moment in time 9/10/99 15:02, doddk@mossmotors.com made the
profound statement:

>C'mon folks again.
>
>       The only reason that the MGF was not imported to America is that in
>the long term it was not deemed advantageous to the companies goals.
>
>       The reasoning is highly fluid and no doubt damned complex.  The best
>we can achieve is some understanding based on general knowledge and
>statements to the press.
>

>       The one thing I do know is that I can't even afford a used Miata, so
>even if the MG does come to this country I doubt if my enthusiasm is going
>to be running high.
>
>       Just have to keep plodding on those project cars.  One bolt at a
>time.
>
>Kelvin.
>

>> > C'mon folks, the reason BMW decided that the MGF wouldn't
>> be imported to
>> > the US isn't emissions and safety (it's already compliant
>> with European
>> > standards that are the same as US Federal standards), it isn't the
>> > dealer netweok problem (for a company that size it would be easily
>> > resolved).  It's simpler than that.
>> >
>> > Compare the MGF with the BMW roadster in the European road tests:
>> > The MGF performs as well,
>> > Is considered about as comfortable,
>> > Is less expensive.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.