mgs

Re: Blaze vs. Tulip

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blaze vs. Tulip
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 21:50:45 +0000
Tim Nagy wrote:

> My '72 is blaze, and I stillnot sure.  when I got it, my mother
> called it the pumpkin...that really helped.  I think I'm going with
> a yellow or metallic blue....

Well, some on the list would know that this was *my* cue to pipe up....

If you *must* change colour away from its original hue then may I
suggest that PRIMROSE is the only choice (and a wonderfully safe colour
on gloomy days, too).

One reason for me pushing Primrose (the colour, not the car) is that it
appears to be a rare 'B colour in my part of the world even though I was
told it was very popular in the late sixties (68/69).  Most commonly
here it is seen on MGCs believe it or not.

Now if you want to see it in action you can always look at my Primrose
at http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb but beware... as everyone points out
to me, every scan I have makes her look a slightly different shade.  It
must be like Ayers Rock (Uluru) in the centre of Australia that is
famous for changing colours with the position of the Sun.

Go for it.

Eric
'68MGB MkII