mgs

Re: Brake Problem

To: chriscav@pdq.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Problem
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:20:43 EDT
In a message dated 6/29/99 8:49:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time, chriscav@pdq.net
writes:

<< I've since redone both rear brake cylinders, pads etc, and even changed the
 rear brake hose to be sure that it had not internally collapsed.  Now, when
 I try and bleed the rear brakes, I'm getting very little to no fluid through
 the lines and the bleed screws.  The front brakes/bleed screws produce
 plenty of fluid. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Do a little detective work.  Remove the brake line from a rear wheel cylinder
and have someone press the brake pedal while you watch the line.  If fluid
flows out, there is a problem in that wheel cylinder.  If no fluid comes out,
you have a problem that is blocking something before that connection.  Work
your way back to the master cylinder.

If fluid did come out the pipe, reconnect the line and remove the bleed screw
completely.  Press the pedal.  If fluid flows out you have a blocked bleed
screw.  If no fluid comes out, you have a bad wheel cylinder.

You didn't mention what car you have.  (It's a good idea to always list your
LBC below your signature on these lists.)  If it has a dual circuit master
cylinder, the problem could be in the pressure switch.

Keep us posted.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport