mgs

Another drip.

To: "'Oracle of MG'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another drip.
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:24:20 -0400
Hello, oh wise ones,

In looking for the source of the stain on my khakis the other day, I found a
drop of oil on one of the bolts which hold the steering column to the dash
(in my '74 B).  I gather this is leaking from the oil gauge or its line or
the connection between the two.

I haven't had a chance to get under the dash and ferret it out yet, but I
wonder if anyone's got experience with this.  What I'm trying to figure out
is can I drive it for awhile until I get the problem diagnosed and parts
ordered, or is it that this line is about to bust completely loose and start
spraying hot oil under my dashboard at 70 psi?

I'm a little scared to drive it, but my alternate transportation is down
with an unknown malady.  I'd very much appreciate your experience.

Thanks again

Matt Kulka
Huntersville, NC
'74 B - Always finding new and exciting ways to leak oil.