mgs

Overdrive! or "The Canadians Are Coming"

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive! or "The Canadians Are Coming"
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 07:54:13 -0700
Today I am meeting the guys from British Motors, Kelowna B.C., at a
truckstop in Yakima WA to swap US dollars for old British steel (and
aluminum).  My BGT has an excellent transmission, but as long as the
engine and tranny were out I thought what the heck, I NEED OVERDRIVE.
British Motors were kind enough to bring an O/D tranny with them on
their way to So. California.  You wondered where all the best rust-free
cars were going?  North to Canada!  So this week I get to strap a new
toy to the almost completed engine rebuild.  Maybe I'll have the car on
the road by this weekend and then I can actually drive an MG. I'll be
the one doing 70 MPH relatively effortlessly.  Now... about that air
conditioning Don... it's starting to get hot around here...
Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."