mgs

Re: weight

To: "Dan Dwelley" <ddwelley@excite.com>,
Subject: Re: weight
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 20:28:54 +0100
We (Brits) do indeed use the metric system, although anyone over the age of
about 25 probably does so unwillingly.  I well remember being able to buy
copper pipe as "2.4 metres of half-inch, please" for many years.  We still
have the Pound Sterling but it is divided into 100 pence.  We still use
miles and hence miles per hour.  We have more recently gone over to buying
petrol in litres so now our .... Chancellor can put the price up by 5p per
litre instead of 5p per gallon.  We also still drive on the left but at the
beginning of April next year there are plans to change that over as well in
stages, spreading out from London.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/