mgs

Re: MGA Buying

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: MGA Buying
From: Matt Pringle <pringlmm@mcmaster.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 12:03:18 -0400
Among other spots I read this:

        http://www.mgcars.org.uk/MGA/mgatwine.html

which points to a number of points that apparantly can make the MGA
engine fussy such as 9.9:1 compression, need for 100+ octane fuel, a
tendency to burn pistons, a bored out block, long timing chain, etc.

Neil, I love the MGA, it looks like a better car in most respect, but my
point was that in doing some homework, the MGA engine might prove to be
a little more finicky than say a B, especially for those of us who are
just getting into the game.

Matt