mgs

Britfest

To: DEUTAS37@ONEONTA.edu
Subject: Britfest
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 18:04:41 -0500 (CDT)
A glorious day. A little too early rise for me this morning. Was un-able to
sleep due to my
disgust with the quality of the body work done by Maaco on the GT I just got
back yesterday. I
almost skipped Britfest cause I'm so sick about this, I'm glad I didn't. It was
a prefect day
for a show. A little cool in the morning so Eileen and I opted for top up on
the ride out to
Horseshoe Park, NJ. Very nice local/grounds for a show. The turn out was
fantastic. Rick B.,
Larry M. Mike L. and Mike G. a few of the list members on hand. Missing and
missed were Mike
Robson, Doug Russell and (although not on the list) Ian Pender. I was asked a
few times about
Ian's where abouts. The turn out was great and the 20 or so vendors had
everything you may have
on your wish list. I tried quickly and cut the day short. I was concerned that
the weather may
start cooling again and really wanted a nice, leisurly top down run home. Saw a
Healey 3000 on
the road on ride back and enjoyed taking the B up to 100+ to maximize the
effect of my passing
him at close to double his speed. You would think at 41 I would start growing
out of stuff like
this. It was Eileen's fault anyway, if she hadn't have fallen asleep I would
not have done it.
We stopped for lunch in Bayside, Queens and were back home by 3:30.

The BGT is going back in on Monday and they WILL be fixing the most offending
areas on it's
body. I still maintain that there are both good and bad Maaco shops out there
but must say that
the Brooklyn E. 49th street is definitely not one of the good ones.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch