mgs

Re: Windshield Mounted Antenna

To: prsmith@navnet.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield Mounted Antenna
From: Scott Hower <howersl@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 12:31:23 -0800 (PST)
Preston,

Not wanting to drill a big, fat hole in my freshly
painted fender, (and risk watching the drill bit
walking down the side) I opted to install one of these
antennas (antenae?) on my B.

Instead of sticking it to the windscreen, I stuck it
to the top of the [cracked] dash and covered it with a
Coverlay dash cap.

It works great, and cannot be seen at all.  I probably cut my
reception down a bit, but I rarely listen to the thing anyway.  You
should be able to find one for
about $10 at your local Radio Shack/part-o-rama.

--Scott

---prsmith@navnet.net wrote:

> Somewhere in the dungeons of my mind I vaguely recall someone saying
they
> had used a windshield mounted antenna on their MGB.
>
> Would that person drop me message telling me what antennas he used,
the
> results he achieved, and lessons learned if any.  Bottom line - is it
> worth it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Preston

> | Our 62 MGA 1600 MK II and 80 MGB LE are waiting for warm weather
> | Betti Ann and Preston Smith in the Head of St Margaret's Bay, Nova
Scotia, Canada.
> | email: prsmith@navnet.net

==
Scott Hower -> howersl@yahoo.com