mgs

Valve Stem Seals

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valve Stem Seals
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:56:48 -0800
This is probably best directed to Lawrie but anyone else feel free. The
gasket sets I usually get for rebuilds for B engines include small O
rings designed to slip over the valve stem prior to reinstalling the
valve springs, retainers, etc. It was always my assumption that these
were the desired seals for preventing the oil from seeping back down the
guide. I would appreciate Lawrie's, since he seems quite knowledgable
about the topic, opinion or anyone who has experience with this.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski