mgs

Re:trans/steering rack oil change 77B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:trans/steering rack oil change 77B
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:59:25 -0700
I don't know if the steering rack oil really needs changed - it doesn't go
through heavy use, nor is it subject to contamination.

It does leak though, as do most fluids in the MG, so it is prudent to top
the level up periodically. Since mine leaks (enough that my oil is fairly
fresh), I top it up twice a year. Just remove the top cover and the shims.
Its a little easier too, if you remove the damper, add gear oil, then
reassemble.

David
71 BGT - a true English car, lots of rust, lots of leaks, but runs great