mgs

RE: HS4 Carb Jets

To: Erik Brzoska <mowog77@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: HS4 Carb Jets
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 12:04:52 -0800
Erik:

        The original design jets have a semi-rigid spring covered feed pipe.
Because the floats are handed and the angle the pipes have to make is
different the jets are handed.  The Royze brand jet has a softer rubber hose
that can theoretically make the bends without having different angled
nipples.  Great idea, but on the whole the follow through on the rest of the
jet is iffy.  As a product it does not have the fit and quality of the
original.
        Pretty much the look and quality of the spring wound design wins
over the price difference of the rubber one.
        I'm sure that Lawrie can fill you in more on this one, he's up to
his armpits in SUs' everyday.

Kelvin Dodd (so many cars so little time)
MGAs,MGBs', 58 Magnette and V8 bits