mgs

Safety Fast (was Re: Towing)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Safety Fast (was Re: Towing)
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:36:55 -0800
Skye Poier wrote:

>This of course goes for many other issues.  Give your braking system top
>priority and keep your suspension in good order.  Replace two point belts
>with three point.  Don't drive tired.  Etc etc.
>
>In short, Safety Fast.

Brakes?  Plans are to fit 4-pot calipers and vented disks from a 911.
Suspension?  Enough urethane to mold a modern plasticar nose, lots of
grade 8 hardware, and everything's nice and clean.  Seatbelts?  I replaced
my 3 points with 5 points.  Etc?  Not so great street rollbar, but with some
drawings for really nice side impact structure--nothing like 1-3/4" x .120
DOM mild steel tubing.  Insert big grin here.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/