mgs

Another B on the road!!

To: "MG List Posts" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Another B on the road!!
From: "image" <image77@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 16:12:19 -0700
I finally got my B running nicely last night (after about 6 months of
downtime). Turned out that is was missing spark pulses because the points in
my Mallory were very bad. Dropped new ones in and it purred.

DPO stuff that I fixed (I wouldn't have been able to do it w / o the list):

Incorrect motor mounts (early plate and brackets, later rubber mounts, and
stupid aluminum spacers) The old set up allowed the crank pulley to rub on
the frame crossmember. Now it's the correct setup for the later cars.
(Thanks, Rick!)

Carb jetting (Weber DGV)  All the jets were messed up so I put them back to
what they were when new (Thanks, Lawrie and Matt!)

Alternator + Battery It had an unidentifiable alternator, maybe from a
Nissan? It didn't have a regulator at all (internal or external). Probably
why the battery died.

Electrical system  All sorts of bad wires, bad crimp on connectors, and age.

Anyway, thanks for all the help from the list! I really don't think I'd be
driving without all of the help. This list has saved my 79 MGB from years of
un-use!

Jason
79 MGB (Now it runs as good as it looks!)