mgs

Re: Live and let live

To: deutas37@snyoneva.cc.oneonta.edu
Subject: Re: Live and let live
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:25:01 EST
In a message dated 17/11/98 12:26:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
deutas37@snyoneva.cc.oneonta.edu writes:

<< The point is that you can't go around knocking the later models.

**Indeed I (and anyone else that wants to) can. That's what the net is all
about =97 the exchange of information and OPINION!

  I think that an early car is nicer to look at too (owning a 72); but at =
the
same
 time i feel there is alot to be said about a rubber bumper.

**And in consideration for the less mature (more sensitive) members of the
group, I didn't say it!

 My fathers car is a 75, and i think it is one of the nicer car's i have s=
een.
it has
 power, style and is a hell of alot more relyable than my car.

**That says far more for the sorry state of your car than it does for the =
tune
of his (unless he has retuned his back to the pre-single carb spec).

  The miatas and triumphs comment is just a way of questioning where you g=
et
off making
 such a strong comment

**No wonder I didn't see a connection =97 there wasn't one.

...there were many a night that i was happy to be in the 77B, instead of m=
own. >>

**We all find happiness where we can. Just because someone else finds it
differently than you do, doesn't mean they are denigrating you for your
preference. Get it?
You seem a nice keen young guy =97 best to stop taking others opinions to =
heart
- I assure you there is endless frustration and no happiness in it for you=
. If
you don't agree with an opinion, feel free to say so politely, and even
better, state your reasoning =97 that is how we all learn from each other =
=97 it's
known as intelligent discourse. To often the dialogue on the net ends up a=
the "Sez you" level, and no one gains.

Oh yeah - the original reply was meant somewhat tongue in cheek, for what =
it
is worth.

Bill S.