mgs

Re: Defending the MGA

To: "Bill Eastman" <william.eastman@medtronic.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Defending the MGA
From: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 13:21:58 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>

><<<<<Steve wrote:
>
>The Pininfarina GT design is by far the best body MG ever produced, even
>better than the A. >>>>>
>
>I realize that styling is a personal taste thing but jeez, Steve, you
>should know by now that any slander of an MGA on this list is dealt with
>swiftly and severely ;-)   Anyone that even hints that he or she does not
>place the MGA at the very pinnacle of MG-ness hasn't smelled enough Castrol
>in their lives.

Actaully, we must entertain Bill "The Body" Eastman and his MGA drivel only
because we so favor the purple dinosaur's contributions to the list. I'm
with Steve. It took the beautiful lines and classic proportions of  the GT
to finally top the timeless 'T' series.

The 'A' was the sad and slow 'wonder bra' MG era. The greatest contribution
of the MGA was to keep the hairdressers from buying Italian.
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '52MGTD, and other babe magnets.