mgs

Electronic ignition solution...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electronic ignition solution...
From: Richard.C.Guynn@mcdermott.com
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 7:38:00 -0600
     First, thanks to all who made suggestions to try and fix my problem.
     I finally got the chance to switch the leads on the magnetic pickup
     and the ignition is now functioning normally.  Spark is pretty steady,
     and timing advances as it should.

     One curiosity, though.  There were alot of people who thought that the
     later distributor had vacuum retard instead of advance.  After
     'fixing' the problem, I hooked the vacuum back up and watched the
     timing as I played with the throttle.  It appears that the vacuum
     appears to advance and not retard.  When you 'pop' the throttle, the
     ignition advances about 5 degrees.  Of course I am having problems
     with the acceleration, but that is for another message.....

     -Rick