mgs

Re: Air compressor settings

To: mgb1964@cois.on.ca, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Air compressor settings
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argohouston.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 98 08:58:42 CST
Bill,
   The cutoff needs to be set a comfortable margine below
the maximum tank pressure.  Most tanks are set for 125#
(Thats the typical compressor for a home or small shop,
some industrial tanks might be higher).  The cut on
pressure should be just above the maximum working pressure
for your tools so they aren't starved for air under load,
so 100# for your 90# tools also sounds about right.
   For the most part compressors come set up right for
their own spec.s and you don't need to mess with them,
unless you have to change the requlator and control
solinoid like I did last month. ( I bought that darn system
in 1973 when I painted my TR* and it's crapped out all
ready, I guess you just can't get good tools anymore.) ;^)

Harlan.