mgs

Re: MGA Tonneau Questions

To: rkegg@juno.com (Randell S Kegg), kevins@khoral.com
Subject: Re: MGA Tonneau Questions
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 21:33:22
At 08:18 PM 8/18/98 EDT, Randell S Kegg wrote:
>Scarborough Faire sells the extra long covers that clip onto the same lugs
as the convertible top.

Glad to hear the source.  I knew that style cover was still coming out new,
just didn't know from where.

>Also, a new cover should be wide enough to install snaps for the doors.

I just bought my new Stayfast Tan long style tonneau cover from Moss
inventory.  (This is not the extra long one that clips on the rag top
hooks).  There is no way you could put snaps on the doors with this one.
You can check the picture on my web site, but no way it would extend that
far past the trim rails on the doors.

   http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mgtech/top/top102.htm

>I just installed a new cover from SF, and it appears to me that there is
enough material to do that. Call them up and talk to them. They make them,
so they should not be opposed to adding some extra width, if it is necessary.

Yup.  Look before you leap.  And don't expect to be able to return anything
to SF for your cash back.

$.04,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude