mgs

water pump rebuild?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: water pump rebuild?
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 13:34:15 -0600 (MDT)
Anybody ever get a water pump rebuilt?  I can't find anyone here to do it.
Moss catalog shows a "rebuild kit"  (seal and bearing, perhaps?) but of
course do not have it in the price list.  Reason for wanting to do this is
my old cast iron pump is shorter than the new alumin(i)um pump that Moss
sent as a replacement.  A B pump, I'm guessing.  Anyway, the pulleys don't
quite line up right and the fan is so close to the rad that you have to
pull the radiator to put on the fan belt, as someone previously noted.

Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.       www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/mgstuff
Albuquerque NM USA

1960 MGA           "Baby"