mgs

MG Metro?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG Metro?
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 11:15:26 -0700
Do any listers run the Metro, Montego, or Maestro FWD MG's. I have not
seen anything on them. Yes, I know they will be UK members.

If you do, I have just spent a moring changing the inner drive shaft
boots on our 1989 Metro. The gear selector seal was dripping on the
drive, and whilst fixing that I saw the tiny hole in the rubber boot,
which was spraying grease over the exhaust pipe right behind it.

I thought the smell was just a hot engine! Boots were from FIA, half the
price of ROVER items.

Just for interest, there is a MMOC afficilated club for these fwd cars,
( fed as in front wheel drive, not four wheel drive as one chap
thought!.) Try the web site <
http://ds.dial.pipex.com/mg.maestro/mgm_home.htm >

Neil