mgs

Re: making an MGB run smoothly

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, tsherman@tecinfo.com
Subject: Re: making an MGB run smoothly
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 13:54:42 -0400
Tyson,

I'm no expert tuner, but (especially if it ran smoothly before the
operation) I'd quote Bob Allen.  "When you think it's the carbs, check
everything else first."  Is it possible:

You have a questionable plug wire;
you have an old and/or dirty distributor cap or rotor;
you have moisture in the distributor cap;
your distributor shaft is sloppy in the bushing;
your dwell is off;
one of your plugs is worn or gapped differently than the others;
you have a vacuum leak;
you have one cylinder with different compression;
some of the lobes on your cam have worn more than others?

Matt Kulka
'74 B

>>> "Tyson Sherman" <tsherman@tecinfo.com> 07/26/98 10:40pm >>>
I'm trying to get my 76 B running smoothly again after an
engine-ectomy...